Monday, September 2, 2013

The Last Transfer

Well- this is it.

The final transfer.

Looking back, you never really think this day is going to come. But somehow it did. Regardless- I have been working very very hard. Sorry Mom and Dad but probably for the first day or so I might be asleep for a long time.

Anyway- I really don't have much time. We have little time as I am getting transferred. But things are going really good here in Tifton aside from all the packing and cleaning I have to have done by Tuesday morning which I haven't really started on.

The highlight of the week would definitely be last night at the church with the B's. They've been a little nervous about coming to church as they know it's going to be different than what they are used to but they really like us and the things we share. We stopped by the house after biking really, really fast (we saw D and we got talking). We all hopped in his truck and drove to the church. We unlocked the church and D stepped in. He stopped and looked around. All he said was, "Wow." I looked over and saw a tear in his eye. He was just really happy for the rest of the tour. We showed him the church and both he and J really liked it. Bishop stopped by (we had called and set up for him to drop by towards the end). He and D talked for a while about all the people they knew in Tifton but then he got into the good stuff. He asked how Elder S and I were doing teaching the Gospel. D replied that, "These guys are great. We love learning and every time they come over you can just feel the Holy Spirit." Bishop asked what he thought about the gospel. "I've been to a lot of different churches. But it makes sense- there is authority that is needed that was lost and it came back through Joseph Smith." I felt like I was on The District or something. It was amazing! Then J said, "I've got something to say! I went to a lot of churches and I really liked it there but I kind of felt like something was missing. But then these guys came and I feel in my heart this is it." It was just an awesome experience, I really do love them.

We called Bishop later when we got home and he is really excited and hopeful for them. He made the comment, "I think Jaycee would join tonight if it was a matter of asking." Keep in mind he has a thick thick southern accent.

Fun southern fact of the week: they actually call people from the north yankees.

Thank you! LOVE YOU! and I miss you all!

Elder Matthew Carlson
D, J, and Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment