Thursday, December 15, 2011

Handwritten Letter #2 From the Field

Someday I need to figure out how to transfer Matthew's doodles from his handwritten letters to the blog but it's not today.

Family!

How's it going? Thank you for the various updates and letters which I have received. I've enjoyed them.

Today is once again p-day. I sit in a grayish-green recliner and write to you mine thoughts before I clean my sink and floor.

I started to read Jesus the Christ by Talmage as I mentioned in my email. I'm about 20 or 25 pages in. He's quite the writer. It takes a while to really get what he's saying but he says some cool stuff. It's a little under 800 pages so I have a ways to go.

I bought a little Christmas tree today. It was $20! And it's plastic. It's nice though. I have a picture. I sent y'all my SD card. Someday I'll have to explain what they're all about :-). There may or may not be a few moving pictures on there but don't worry, I asked President Jensen :-).

Anyway, things are good. I guess they're kinda same old, same old. I'm really trying to take it one day at a time.

It's kinda funny really. We've had a big outpouring of food these past two weeks. Our freezer is literally full of meat. I don't know what to do with that much meat. I've got to figure out something though, and fast. I've already thrown out some meat from October (the expiration date was late October). It was sad - two pounds of cow. Poof. Gone. I didn't like it.

It's cold down here. Like chill to your bones kind of cold. It's killed most bugs though which is nice. We do have a bottle of permethrin for brown recluse spiders. They're very poisonous and wander in from time to time. The permethrin kills them in like two seconds. It's cool but scary. How it kills, no idea but it kills.

I miss recycling. Alas, very few if any people down here recycle. Milk jugs? Throw them out. Pop cans? Toss 'em. It breaks my heart.

Love you all!

Elder Carlson!

No comments:

Post a Comment